From Monday 27th July 2020, the Library will be staffed every Monday to Friday, 0900-1700.
The following Library services are still available:
- Enquiry service
- Document and Book Supply
- Evidence searches
- Support in using e-resources
- Evidence Alerts
- There is limited study space in the Library.
- Book Loans (If you require a book from the Library, please ask a member of Library staff and we will retrieve it for you.)
The following Library services are not currently available:
- Out-of-hours access
- Computer access
- Quiet study area
Adherence to Trust guidance regarding mask-wearing, hand hygiene and social distancing must be maintained.
If you require any further information, please speak to a member of Library staff during working hours
(Monday – Friday, 0900 – 1700) or contact us at email@example.com and we will get back to you.
Our purpose is to support safe, kind, and effective care by enabling evidence-based practice, research, innovation, organisational and continuous personal development.
- A professional service to help you find the information you need
- 24 hour access to the Library (available on request)
- Access to 10 networked computers and loanable laptops
- Photocopying and printing facilities
- Study spaces
- Internet access and free Wi-Fi
Who can use the Knowledge and Library Services?
Membership of the Library is open to all Countess of Chester and Ellesmere Port Hospital staff, volunteers and students on placement.
A bespoke service is also available to Warrington and Halton Hospitals staff, local GPs and dentists, Cheshire and Wirral Partnership NHS Foundation Trust staff on University of Chester courses.